This website is made available by Avacta Life Sciences Limited (company number: 06605196), whose registered office is situated at Unit 20, Ash Way Thorp Arch Estate, Wetherby LS23 7FA, United Kingdom – referred to in this statement as “we” or “us”.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This policy sets out what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use that information.
When you e-mail us, or use a contact form within this website, we will use your email address for the purposes of administering your query and responding to you. We will not publish your email address on our website. Unless you give your explicit permission we will not ][use your name and email address to send you,] nor allow any associated companies to send you, any unwanted marketing information.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Any substantial changes will be notified by a prominent notice on the home page of the website. As a result of improvements we make to our services, changes in the law or developments in technology, we may change the information we hold about you, the method and purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change in the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by email.
Basic information and creating an account
When you browse the Avacta Life Sciences website, we establish a minimal “user profile” for you which is tracked via a cookie (see ‘Cookies’ section below). This contains basic information such as how you first found us, your IP address and your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you decide to create an account with us, this profile is then associated with the email address you provide.
Creating an account with us means we can personalise your use of the website and contact you with information that we believe will help you with your research – for example with new and updated products related to your interests, or new services that we are offering. We may also keep a record of those parts
We do this in order to understand what our users are interested in on our website, how they interact with the Avacta Life Sciences website and to help us improve the design of our website or product offerings.
You may update your account details by clicking on the ‘sign in or register’ links at the top of any page, including configuring your contact preferences.
Information we collect for ordering
Customers who place an order with Avacta Life Sciences will be prompted to create an account and sign in. This will require address, contact and payment details that will allow us to accurately fulfil and arrange / take payment for the order. Credit card information will only be saved to user profiles if selected by the customer. Other information is saved to profiles to ensure future orders are more convenient. This information can be reviewed and edited at any time by logging into an account.
Personally identifiable information
Any personally identifiable information (including credit card information) is passed over a secure encrypted (SSL) connection and we provide a third-party certificate which can be used to verify the credentials of the Avacta Life Sciences server you are supplying the details to.
How we may use information about you
We will use the personal information supplied by you:
- for our own marketing purposes;
- to provide you with the best possible service;
- to notify you about changes to the services we offer;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and use;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that my interest you or them.
Disclosure of Information
We will take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your persona data. We will only supply your personal identifiable information to any third party:
- in order to enhance our service and the services we can offer you or where we have your consent to share the information;
- where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Avacta Life Sciences respects your right not to be contacted unless you want to, and we do not sell, trade, give, or rent information that can identify you personally to any third parties, except as detailed above.
Avacta Life Sciences does use third parties in order to fulfil certain functions on its behalf. In order to ship an order to you we must to divulge certain information to the shipping company including name, address and possibly phone number.
In this case we only disclose the information necessary to perform that specific function.
Where we store your information
All information collected on this website is stored on servers owned by our trusted server providers which are held in physically secure locations and are protected by firewall and password based security measures.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred and stored at destinations outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of the server and hosting our website and to our associated company, Avacta Life Sciences, Inc. for the purposes set out above only.
Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer that are used to track user navigation around a website. Cookies enable us to identify you or the device you are using when you log in.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve this website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to this website.
We do not sell the information collected by cookies nor do we disclose information to third parties. When we wish to collect personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, we will be explicit about this.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
- Netscape: Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences. In the Advanced category, choose Cookies. Click the radio button Disable all cookies.
- Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
If you wish us to remove your details from our marketing database at any time please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time), the data controller is Avacta Life Sciences Limited registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA216064. As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling personal information and we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information. We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access.
What to do if you have any concerns
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of this information please contact us at the above email address. We may make a small charge of £10 for this service and may request proof of your identity before sharing such information.
We may want to make sure that the information about you is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to remove or correct information that you think is inaccurate. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
If you have any concerns regarding our use of your information please notify us as soon as possible – the sooner we know about it the sooner we can resolve it. For further information, or to make a complaint,
please email us at the address above. If we cannot resolve a compliant to your satisfaction you can contact the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if the complaint relates to the way your personal data has been handled.
Law and Jurisdiction